Thursday, July 12, 2012

Parshat HaShevuah Pinhas Bamidbar/Numbers

בס"ד

Bamidbar/Numbers 25
11 'Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, hath turned My wrath away from the children of Israel, in that he was very jealous for My sake among them, so that I consumed not the children of Israel in My jealousy
12 Wherefore say: Behold, I give unto him My covenant of peace;
13 and it shall be unto him, and to his seed after him, the covenant of an everlasting priesthood; because he was jealous for his God, and made atonement for the children of Israel.'


Peace is shalom  =  shalem  = whole or complete.

Hashem's seal or signature is Truth, but His name is Peace.

Hashem is One, Whole and Complete = shalom.

The ultimate Truth is one that creates unity or PEACE.

Peace is the highest form of truth.


These ideas come from a lecture by Rabbi Ari Kahn that you can listen to here:

Aish Audio  Parshat Pinhas


No comments: